Saturday, March 1, 2008

Missing Ohio

Well, now that we are settled in Milwaukee my homesickness has lessened a little. We have good friends and a support network has established itself around us. My family is able to come and visit pretty frequently and Zeke and Maya are happy here.

However, who would have thought that a toothbrush holder would make me miss home. I bought a new toothbrush holder at Target today and guess where it was made! China, but guess where it was designed! Solon, Ohio! Crazy, huh? Not really crazy, Solon is an industrial giant with Stouffers and King Nuts and other various companies. But it got me thinking of home. I also have been wishing I were in Ohio for the election. I love my family (hug and kisses to you all!), but they are not as passionate as I am about the forth coming election and may not even vote in it. (Sigh) I would happily vote for them if it were legal. I just wish that they felt the excitement that is stirring around this election. It is infectious! So, to all of my loved ones in Ohio and Texas and Rhode Island and Vermont. Please vote on Tuesday for me, who wishes that I had the power that you all have at this moment. (I know you have heard this from me before, but I thought I'd tell you all a different way. :) )

1 comment:

Mark said...

McCain all the way!!!