Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A Wonderful Whirlwind!

Well, we went to the wedding of my brother Mark and his new wife Mariella in Ohio this past weekend. It was a lot of fun. I love being able to visit with family and friends that I haven't seen for a while. We all had a great time. Maya loved being a flowergirl again. She looked beautiful. Zeke was a good boy for most of the wedding festivities and only bled a little when Maya and he were wrestling at the wedding. Maya loved being with the ladies in the wedding party. She loves to get dressed up and have her hair done and just hang out with older people. Kevan was wonderful and watched Zeke so that I could visit with people and read during the service. It was fun to spend time with my mom, Lisa, and my grandma getting our hair done. I don't think any of us pamper ourselves as much as we really should.

I hate being late. It feels like we were late for everything this weekend. Luckily we made it to the church on time for the ceremony. I felt horrible that Maya missed pictures with the wedding party. We got a late start to the reception and then got really lost finding the reception. Oh well! We had a wonderful time anyways and Maya got a special picture with Mariella at the reception.

We spent Sunday with Kevan's family which was very nice. I was very tired and was having a bit of a wardrobe malfunction and was late for brunch because I was shopping to repair the damage. But, oh well! We enjoyed our time with the Penvoses. Zeke is addicted to trains. When we were visiting Kevan's parents all we heard was, "Papa choo-choo! Papa choo-choo!" He loved sitting and running the electric train. He also enjoyed beating up their golden lab, Hunter. Luckily Hunter is a very good dog and took it playfully and Zeke returned home with all of his fingers.

Maya and Zeke were very sad to leave Ohio. Zeke kept yelling, "I-O!, I-O" throughout the trip home to Wisconsin. Maya had to have her window rolled down as we approached the border of every state that we traveled through and yell out the window at the top of her lungs, "Goodbye Ohio! (Or whatever state we were traveling through.) By the time we reached Wisconsin Zeke wanted to do it too and he yelled, "I-O" out the window. We had a great time traveling with our children. I honestly do not understand when people say that they need a DVD player to travel with their children, this may change as they get older. All we need to do is start singing or telling silly stories and everything is fine. With Zeke you just need to talk about the color of truck that you are passing and he is happy. When he is really tired, he just wants me to hold his hand or rub his ankle and he calms right down. For some strange reason this has always worked with him, from the time he was itt-bitty until now.

Well, now I need to approach doing all of the dirty laundry that I left in Wisconsin along with what I brought home with me. I hope everyone that is reading this is doing well!

No comments: