Monday, May 5, 2008

UGH!

Okay, so I went out twice this past weekend looking for shoes for Mark's wedding. I am so tired of being discriminated against for having wide feet! It seems even the wide shoes are uncomfortable! Why can't they make stylish comfortable shoes in wide width? It is extremely frustrating!

This morning I had to have the debate with my 2nd graders that I am in fact white. They would not believe me! I guess it is a bit of an honor and sign that they love me. One child tattled on another student saying that he said that she "talked white." So I said, "What does a white person talk like?" He then replied, "Like totally!" in his best valley girl. I then asked, "Do I talk that way?" (Thinking, I used to. :) ) He said, "Well . . . no, but you're mixed!" I said, " I am as white as white can be. My dad is Polish and my mother is Bohemian." (Like they even understand what that means.) He and the rest of my class continued insisting that I am mixed, so I just walked away from the silly conversation.

We went out and celebrated Cinco de Mayo today. Maya insisted on going out to get Mexican. It was fun. They played fun Mexican music and the kids danced in their seats. This restaurant just christened its first Mongolian Fajita Barbecue. It is just like Mongolian Barbecure, but you can select fajita ingredients. We had a good time and ate a ton.

No comments: