Thursday, April 17, 2008

My Week

Well, I went camping with our fifth graders which was a lot of fun. It was neat to see the kids in a different element and see their personalities shine. I didn't enjoy having to be the adult to tell the girls in my cabin to close their mouths and go to bed. That was not fun. I think I fell asleep around 1:30am. The activities were neat and I got a lot of hiking in. I really miss being able to go for hikes frequently. It is hard to hike with Zekey because he likes to walk and really slows you down. It is fun to go hiking with my kids, don't get me wrong, but very different from just Kevan and me. Maya and I went hiking the day before. We went to a beautiful place called Schlitz Audobon. It was wonderful there! We will definitely be taking some of our future visitors there. Maya has been really into bird watching and got a toy bird that chirps when you squeeze it. I was surprised because she didn't choose the most melodic of birds, it sounds like someone tapping on some wood. It is a yellow-belly sapsucker.

Maya is officially done with swimming for the season. She freaked out at her first lesson and the teacher was not very reassuring even with me in the water. So, we decided to acclimate her this summer and try again in the fall. She has tap dancing already anyways. It was a tricky schedule to begin with.

Zekey is in his hay-day at school this week. It is the "Week of the Young Child", kind of like Spirit Week for little guys. They had Community Helper day and Zeke got to sit in a Fire Truck, a Police car (He insisted on sitting in the back seat. :) ) and an Ambulance. He loved it! He also got to play at the Al Maguire Center at Marquette today, that is the sports complex. He played so much basketball that they had to tear him away from that place. Tomorrow night we are going to an Enchanted Ball at Marquette's Student Center. Maya is excited that she gets to dress up like a princess. I will try to put a crown on Zeke. We'll see how he does.

No comments: